Twin Maples Farmhouse & Stable - "Our beautiful 1908 Farmhouse is the perfect backdrop for your special day. Nestled on three acres of lush country land, yet located just two blocks off historic downtown Waynesville, NC. We're close to N. Main street and East Street. We have a open house & bridal show June 7 from 4:00-8:30 p.m. please come! http://www.twinmaplesfarmhouse.com
Blog :: 05-2011
RED, WHITE AND BOOM 2011
Maggie Valley North Carolina Festival Grounds JULY 1 - 4
Family Fun Staycation! Live Entertainment, Fireworks, Games, Full Assortment of Amusement Rides!
Event Profile: Red, White & Boom 2011 is a four day festival beginning Friday, July 1 - Monday, July 4, 2011 and a 4th of July family tradition at the Maggie Valley North Carolina Festival Grounds. Festival admission is free daily with attendees able to enjoy live music & entertainment, food & beverage, crafts & novelty items, games and family fun. Fireworks will take place Sunday, July 3 @ approximately 9:45pm! And, Palmetto Amusements has been selected for their high standards in safety, professionalism and customer service, to provide a FULL ARRAY OF AMUSEMENT RIDES during all festival dates. There is something for everyone at the 2011 Red, White & Boom Festival at the Maggie Valley North Carolina Festival Grounds. Family Fun Staycation in Maggie Valley!
Event Dates and Times
Maggie Valley Festival Grounds
- Friday, July 1 - 5pm to 10pm
- Saturday, July 2 - 2pm to 10pm
- Sunday, July 3 - 2pm to 10pm; Fireworks @ ~9:45pm
- Monday, July 4; 10am to 6pm
Gate: Free Admission; Free Parking (1st come, 1st serve)
Activities: Live Music & Entertainment Daily; MC/DJ Provided by Sound Entertainment; Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, available for purchase "¢ Craft & Food Vendors "¢ Games "¢ Kids Toys & Novelty Vendors; Games "¢ Fireworks - Sunday, July 3 @ ~9:45pm"¢ Amusement Rides
- Featured acts include Nashville recording artist Glen Shelton, Roots musician John Emil, Local Favorites Caribbean Cowboys, Sharkadelics and more! Sound Extreme Entertainment will spin records, facilitate programming and DJ/Emcee as event hosts. Food & Beverage vendors are onsite offering a large variety of local favorites and festival cuisine for purchase. Have a funnel cake or ice cream for dessert. For those that just want to enjoy a beer, Budweiser will be selling domestic and craft beer inside the festival. Buy a souvenir t-shirt or hat! And kids vendors will be onsite selling novelty items, glow toys etc.
AMUSEMENT RIDES - Wristbands and Ride Tickets Available for Purchase; See Below:
- 14 Mechanical rides varying ride selection from Kiddie, Family and Major Rides;
- *Potential Ride List: Merry Go Round, Up and Down Helicopter, Fun House, 30ft Caged Ferris Wheel, 100ft 3 Lane Hard Slide, Tempest, Rock O Plane, Loop O Plan, Way Out Swing, Kids Town Play House, Pirate Ship, Flying Saucers, Rio Grande Train Ride, & Zamperlla Hot Air Balloon Ride. *Rides are subject to change.
- 3 Inflatable Attractions
- Inflatable Attractions: 30ft Tree House Slide, Toddler Town and Extreme Obstacle Course.
- Now on sale unlimited rides with a daily wristband at www.maggievalleyfestivalgrounds.org/rwb; at www.etix.com or by calling 1-800-514-ETIX (3849)
WRISTBANDS: Now on sale unlimited rides with a daily wristband at www.etix.com or by calling 1-800-514-ETIX (3849
|Day:||Fri; Wristband||Sat; Wristband||Sun; Wristband||Mon; Wristband|
- Wristbands are available for purchase daily online and on each show date, at the venue box office.
- Online Purchases: Redeem proof of purchase daily for a new wristband at the box office on each appropriate show day
- A wristband offers unlimited rides for that day only. Additional day's wristbands must be purchased separately.
- Per Ride Tickets are available for purchase at THE VENUE on EVENT DAYS ONLY.
|$1 per ticket|
|12 tickets for $10|
|24 tickets for $20|
|- Ticket Value: $1 per ticket;- Ride Redemption: 1 - 4 ticket(s) per ride;|
Notes: Ride Tickets have no cash value and are non-refundable
Rules: MOST IMPORTANT - HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE EVENT!
|Allowed:||™« Various types of bags including backpacks™« Blankets, lawn chairs, sunscreen are recommended |
™« Frisbee, Nerf Toys, etc.
™« Red, White and Boom is held rain or shine- we recommend bringing clothes and sundries for all seasons!
™« All pets must be on a leash and under control at all times. Please clean up after your pets.
|Not Allowed||™« No alcohol or drugs (Beer and wine will be sold onsite)™« No food and beverage (Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be sold onsite) |
™« No unauthorized ATV's or golf carts
™« No outside coolers
™« No tents or canopies within 200 ft of the stage
ACCOMMODATIONS: The Town of Maggie Valley boasts a large inventory of approximately 3,000 room nights inclusive of various accommodations. There are 976 hotel/motel rooms with the balance split among cabins, cottages, villas, country clubs & resorts and vacation rentals.
Visit www.VisitNCsmokies.com for full list.
We are so excited that a mama bird chose one of our hanging baskets outside our office for her nest. There were 5 eggs in there & so far we can see 7 little birdies. Still not sure what kind of lil birdies they are, but we are guessing they are sparrows. See REALTY WORLD-Heritage is always ready to help all find real estate to raise or create memories for everyone & their families... just ask the mama bird.
American Cancer Society's Relay for Life will be tonight, Friday, May 20th starting at 7pm at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. Fun, food, music & games; overnight team event to raise money in the fight against cancer.
The 7th Annual "Vettes in the Valley" Corvette Show that will be held May 28 & 29, 2011 at the Festival Grounds in Maggie Valley, NC not only welcomes the Nationwide NASCAR Show Car but also the 2 steel beams from the World Trade Center that the Clyde Fire Department will be bringing to the show for everyone to see.
"Vettes in the Valley" anticipates hosting 350 Corvettes from 17 states. The event includes judging, People's Choice, Participants Choice, Specialty trophies and awards, Vendors, Entertainment, Silent Auction, Road Rally and a Corvette Parade - A Tribute to the Wounded Warriors will be held at 4pm on Saturday, May 28, 2011. The parade of Corvettes will go through Maggie Valley from the Festival Grounds to Ghost Town to 276 & 19 intersections.
On Saturday, May 28, 2011 the official show car of the NASCAR Nationwide series will be on display. Attendees will have the opportunity to see a real NASCAR stock car first-hand and can take a spin around the track in the Nationwide racing simulator and spin the prize wheel for a chance to win great NASCAR prizes.
The Clyde Fire Department received 2 steel beams from the World Trade Center and will bring them to "Vettes in the Valley" to display them for all attending. The Clyde Fire Department is raising money for a Memorial that is being constructed with the steel. The Memorial will be located in front of the Fire Station and will be accessible for the public at any time. The Department is selling engraved paver bricks to get the money needed for the Memorial. They will be selling the bricks at the Corvette Show and accepting donations.
Come to beautiful Maggie Valley and enjoy a weekend of Corvettes, NASCAR, a Tribute to Our Wounded Warriors and the steel beams from the World Trade Center Towers. See you in Maggie!
www.smokyevents.com Contact: Marion D. Hamel; Phone: 828-734-9126.Fax: 866-591-8565; Celebrate a great American Classic. Over 400 Corvettes attend for Judged, Peoples Choice Car Show, Road Rally, Vendors, Entertainment, Silent Auction and Door Prizes; Specialty Trophies and Friday night "Meet & Greet" for registered participants; NCCC Non-points Sanctioned event.
Save 50% on Biltmore admission for visits now through June 30. From inspiring gardens and complimentary wine tastings to a wide array of outdoor activities, everyone will find something to enjoy this summer at Biltmore.
|Monday - Thursday|
|Friday - Sunday|
Talking Points on Gas Prices
- According to a recent study by TNS, 30 percent of travelers expect to react to rising fuel costs by staying closer to home.
- North Carolina's proximity to many surrounding states makes it an attractive destination for road trips. Furthermore its geographic location halfway between major population centers in New York and Florida makes it a smart destination for millions of travelers who opt to travel by car.
- Traditionally, when gas prices go up, visitation to North Carolina goes up. In 2008, when gas prices were equally high, visitation at North Carolina attractions was at its peak.
- North Carolina offers excellent value for travelers faced with economic challenges. Visitors can get back to nature and take in our natural scenic beauty at hundreds of free sites from mountains to coast.
- An increase in fuel costs does not necessarily make travel out of reach. It costs just $22.34 more to travel round trip from Washington, D.C. to Nags Head than it did at this time last year. For a fuel calculator visit http://fuelcostcalculator.aaa.com/.
- The US Energy Information Administration predicts that gas prices will rise slightly in June and then fall steadily in the summer months:
May 2011 - $3.90
June 2011 - $3.91
July 2011 - $3.88
August 2011 - $3.85
September 2011 -$3.81
Gas Watch NC
Current as of May 4, 2011
Did you know that it costs just $22.34 more to travel round trip from Washington, D.C. to Nags Head than it did at this time last year?
|Sample Road Trip Ideas||Round Trip Mileage||Gallons Used||Gas Cost* Difference from 2010 to 2011|
|Asheville to Raleigh||500||20.90||$20.17|
|Winston-Salem to Wilmington||472||19.68||$18.95|
|Greensboro to New Bern||386||16.04||$15.45|
|Durham to Charlotte||284||11.84||$11.40|
|Boone to Kitty Hawk||786||32.58||$31.37|
|Fayetteville to Morehead City||282||11.76||$11.32|
|Atlanta to Asheville||416||17.32||$16.68|
|Washington, DC to Manteo||557||23.2||$22.34|
|Richmond to New Bern||437||18.2||$17.53|
|Norfolk to Outer Banks||221||9.22||$8.88|
|Charleston, SC to Blowing Rock||590||24.48||$23.57|
|Columbia, SC to Raleigh||451||18.78||$18.09|
|Knoxville to Winston-Salem||516||20.8||$20.03|
*Source: AAA's Fuel Gauge Report
Estimates based on the N.C. average gas price as of May 4, 2011 on passenger vehicle getting 24mpg.
2010 N.C. average gas price $2.904
2011 N.C, average gas price $3.867
Corvettes Welcome NASCAR The 7th Annual "Vettes in the Valley" Corvette Show to be held May 28 & 29, 2011 at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds will include a special added attraction. The official show car of the Maggie Valley Festival Groundswill make a "Pit Stop" on Saturday May 28, 2011 from 9:00AM - 4:00PM. Along with the show car (#11), there will be a racecar simulator, a wheel game with prizes and the NASCAR car carrier. This appearance is in conjunction with Johnson Insurance, Waynesville, NC. "Vettes in the Valley" hosted over 320 Corvettes from 15 states last year and anticipates an even bigger show this year. Included in the Corvette show is class judging with trophies and awards in each class, People's Choice, Participant's Choice and specialty trophies and awards, a Road Rally, Vendors, Entertainment, Door Prizes, Contests and a Silent Auction, staffed by the Knights of Columbus, to benefit the Wounded Warrior Program. There will be a Corvette Parade in Maggie Valley at 4pm, May 28, 2011 as a Tribute To The Wounded Warriors. Mark your calendar and plan to come see all the gorgeous Corvettes and the Nationwide NASCAR Show Car and participate in the fun. Gate is $5.00 for adults and children are free. For more information go to: www.smokyevents.com or call 828-734-9126.
Americana Roots Festival Shuttle Service
The Americana Roots & Beer Festival will be held Friday, May 6, 2011 from 5:00pm to 11:00pm. This is a music festival for all ages featuring Big House Radio, The Harris Brothers, Balsam Range and a "New Roots Showcase." Bring your lawn chairs and dancing shoes as we celebrate into the night. T-shirts and hats will be available for sale. Food & Beverage vendors will be available for product purchases and Budweiser will be selling craft beer and Bud Light in the music festival area.
Craft Brewery Tent: Instead of arts and crafts"¦our festival will feature a unique component"¦a craft brewery artesian sample tent for patrons 21 years or older with wristband. There is an art to making beer! Craft Breweries include Craggie Brewing Company, Frog Level Brewing Company, Abita Brewery, Star Hill Brewery, Asheville Brewery and more; will be in attendance distributing tastes to qualified ticket holders. .
The Town of Maggie Valley promotes responsible drinking. As such, beer distribution will CEASE at 10:00 p.m. Music and festivities will continue until 11:00 p.m. There is also a large inventory of affordable roomsavailable in Maggie Valley for patrons to spend the night.
A FREE SHUTTLE will be running from 4:45 p.m. until 11:45 p.m. Friday, May 6, 2011; stopping at various locations along the entire 5 mile stretch making it easy for all patrons to ride to and from their accommodations to the event.
Official Shuttle Stops are as follows:
- Maggie Valley Inn & Conference Center
- Maggie Valley Golf Club & Resort
- Ramada Inn
- Ghost Town Parking Lot - Turn around
- Town Hall
- Best Western
- Clarketon Motel
DISPATCH NUMBER: Services will be provided by Premier Cab Company. Guests at all motels and hotels may call the dispatch number @ 828-734-3457 to make arrangements. Services are only provided to those guests going to the Americana Roots Festival.
Visit the Americana Roots Festival website or Facebook for updated information. For a full list of accommodations, visit www.VisitNCsmokies.comand click Maggie Valley. A limited amount of free parking is available at the festival grounds on a first come first serve basis.
Don't Drink and Drive!
- older posts
- newer posts