Imagine if 93 years ago your Grandparents had the opportunity to buy one of a few "holdout" properties the Vanderbilt Estate wasn't able to purchase within the vast realm of the now Pisgah Nat. Forest. This unspoiled tract last changed ownership in 1925. Truly a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity! Grid power maybe avail. Great Solar, Hydro power potential. Multiple Bld sites. Reclaim this farm. Strong Creek.Serious Inquires Only! Shown by Appointment w/ proof of funds. List Agnt MUST accompany
Ask A Question
- Lot Description
- Adjoins Nat/State Forest
- Mountain View
- Winter View
- Broker NameTown and Mountain Realty
- ListingBoardIDAsheville Board of Realtors
- MLS Number3258407
- List Price$299,900
- Modification Date08/15/2017
- SyndicationRemarksImagine if 93 years ago your Grandparents had the opportunity to buy one of a few "holdout" properties that the Vanderbilt Estate was not able to purchase within the vast realm of what is now Pisgah National Forest. And had foresight to obtain a 29+ acre Farm and Homestead that was listed as "Exemption #6" when Mrs. Edith Vanderbilt granted the land to the Federal Government that became the Pisgah National Forest in 1914 -15. This unspoiled tract last changed ownership in 1925. Truly a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity! Grid power may be available. But great solar and hydro potential. Multiple build sites. Reclaim this farm! This tract is offered at a market and appraisal certified value of $310, 000.00! Serious Inquires Only! MUST provide proof of funds. First showing by Appointment ONLY. AND Listing Agent MUST accompany. NO EXCEPTIONS! No "Drive-bys". Property is accessed by Forest Service Rd. and FS requirements for future access will be presented upon buyer Qualification.
- View Count6
- Junior HighEnka
- StreetBear Farm
- DirectionsCandler, NC. Contact listing agent.
- Elementary SchoolHominy Valley/Enka
- High SchoolUnspecified
- Number of Photos24
- Property Sub TypeAcreage
- Elevation2000-2500 ft. Elev.
- Property TypeLots/Acres/Farms
- WaterOther-see Media/Remarks
- SewerOther-see Media/Remarks
- Suitable UseFarmland, Gardening, Other, Recreational/2nd House, Residential
Copyright 2017 NCMMLS All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of the NCMMLS®. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Realty World Heritage are marked with the Internet Data Exchange logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. Data is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.